The Wheel of Entropy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wheel of Entropy

WoE - Piken Square, Guild Wars 2

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mumble - yae/nay?

Go down 
+5
Ashrael
Sheyra
Kaila
Lutemasta
Ekthel
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Ekthel

Mumble - yae/nay? Empty
PostSubject: Mumble - yae/nay?   Mumble - yae/nay? EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 12:45 pm

2:30 am, insomnia kicking in - proves somewhat productive.

While I hate to be the new guy seeking popularity by giving out treats - I do enjoy chatting with people over mumble/TS/vent/skype now and again, doubly so during guild dungeon runs ect.

So the question is - would you guys be at all interested in having a mumble server to use for guild purposes? I'm unsure about the quality mumble offers, since I only used Vent/TS, but it is the cheapest option currently. I could rent a 20-30 slot server for a 6 month trial run for dirt money (about 9$?) for the guild to use. Naturally I'd give all mod/admin powers to our glorious leaders - just to be sure I don't /gquit ragequit at some point and leave you folks hanging.

While it's seriously no expense - it's pointless to set it up if noone would be interested in using it - hence this is me, asking you lot whether it's worth a shot or not. Seeing as not everyone from the guild visits these forums - maybe it's a good idea to tackle the issue during a meet in game or somesuch?

Anyhoo, going to try and force myself to sleep. Stay frosty.
Back to top Go down
Lutemasta

Lutemasta

Mumble - yae/nay? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mumble - yae/nay?   Mumble - yae/nay? EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 9:21 pm

And this mumble thing is a chatroom of sorts? What kind of functions does it have?
Back to top Go down
Kaila
Admin
Kaila

Mumble - yae/nay? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mumble - yae/nay?   Mumble - yae/nay? EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 11:47 pm

It's like Ventrillo and Teamspeak!

I like to think of it as a massive Skype group that's always on call. Sounds good to me :3
Back to top Go down
https://gw2-woe.forumotion.co.uk
Lutemasta

Lutemasta

Mumble - yae/nay? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mumble - yae/nay?   Mumble - yae/nay? EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 12:18 am

Oooh ,well I'd be for that aswell!
Back to top Go down
Sheyra

Sheyra

Mumble - yae/nay? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mumble - yae/nay?   Mumble - yae/nay? EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 12:21 am

Sounds like a good idea to me. I use skype on a daily basis to talk with friends I'm playing or roleplaying with. Often times I find voice chat programs to make it a lot easier for me to ask things I'm wondering about, etc. Since I already have mumble installed counting a few years back, I'd love if Woe got a mumble server.
Back to top Go down
Ashrael

Mumble - yae/nay? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mumble - yae/nay?   Mumble - yae/nay? EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 4:07 am

That'd be incredible! Thanks a lot Rahm!
Back to top Go down
Katixa

Katixa

Mumble - yae/nay? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mumble - yae/nay?   Mumble - yae/nay? EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 3:20 am

I would like this as well. Makes it easier to talk xD
Back to top Go down
Balzamon

Balzamon

Mumble - yae/nay? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mumble - yae/nay?   Mumble - yae/nay? EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 9:04 am

We can have a channel on the Piken Square TS3. without paying anything^^
Back to top Go down
Kaila
Admin
Kaila

Mumble - yae/nay? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mumble - yae/nay?   Mumble - yae/nay? EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 10:15 am

Balzamon wrote:
We can have a channel on the Piken Square TS3. without paying anything^^

Which is a public channel and not 'ours', free to be invaded by anyone at any time.
Back to top Go down
Balzamon

Balzamon

Mumble - yae/nay? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mumble - yae/nay?   Mumble - yae/nay? EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 10:16 am

it would be ours. Admin rights for the leaders. password on the channel and so on. Wink
Back to top Go down
Kaila
Admin
Kaila

Mumble - yae/nay? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mumble - yae/nay?   Mumble - yae/nay? EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 2:21 am

Balzamon wrote:
it would be ours. Admin rights for the leaders. password on the channel and so on. Wink

Why must you ruin nice things for us? ;-; TS has a... robotic sounding edge to it. It's my least favourite of the chat programs. Mumble is one I use on occasion with Ventrillo being the one I've used most.
Back to top Go down
Balzamon

Balzamon

Mumble - yae/nay? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mumble - yae/nay?   Mumble - yae/nay? EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 2:31 am

Razz I prefer TS... over everything else ^^
and in the end its not my decision Wink i just say whats possible and also i talked about that 5 days ago with Ash. In the end it is his decision.

I will stick with TS and Skype. Thats enough for me. Others will stick with mumble and ventrillo. You will never get all together ^^
Back to top Go down
Katixa

Katixa

Mumble - yae/nay? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mumble - yae/nay?   Mumble - yae/nay? EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 3:45 am

I've used TS fir awhile as well. I can say that I don't like it at all.
Back to top Go down
Ekthel

Mumble - yae/nay? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mumble - yae/nay?   Mumble - yae/nay? EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 5:12 am

Plenty of time to decide Smile I won't be renting anything until the 1st of april (not an april's fools joke:P) - Also, I wasn't aware of the free TS3 server, seems nice as well!

As for the TS/Mumble debate, tbh I'm more used to TS/Vent myself - Mumble has the cheapest server rental fee though.

Anyhow, any option is fine as long as we get to chit-chat on TS/Mumble in the end.
Back to top Go down
Arcanant

Mumble - yae/nay? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mumble - yae/nay?   Mumble - yae/nay? EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 1:03 am

I vote yes for mumble cheers
Back to top Go down
Balzamon

Balzamon

Mumble - yae/nay? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mumble - yae/nay?   Mumble - yae/nay? EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 4:49 am

Teamspeak 3
Address: ts3.pikensquare.info:9989
no password

free to use for all Piken Square players ^^
Back to top Go down
Eana

Eana

Mumble - yae/nay? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mumble - yae/nay?   Mumble - yae/nay? EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 7:05 am

Actually... As I have a subscribed Enjin site I also have acces to a 10-man Mumble slot.

Server Address: eu3.voice.enjin.com Port: 60269
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mumble - yae/nay? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mumble - yae/nay?   Mumble - yae/nay? Empty

Back to top Go down

Mumble - yae/nay?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Wheel of Entropy :: Out of Character talk.-
Jump to: