The Wheel of Entropy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wheel of Entropy

WoE - Piken Square, Guild Wars 2

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[IC/WIP] Ellia's Disease Resistance Research Notes

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ellia Firecrow

[IC/WIP] Ellia's Disease Resistance Research Notes Empty
PostSubject: [IC/WIP] Ellia's Disease Resistance Research Notes   [IC/WIP] Ellia's Disease Resistance Research Notes EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 8:34 am

So, following the discovery of the book Dummy's Guide to: Disease Resistance I found the work there to be rather... Well... Crap. But informative enough to start. It literally just said it's possible through introducing the target to the desired disease you wish immunisation to - for lack of better word at this point.

LET THE EXPERIMENTATION BEGIN!

[[TEST ONE]]

After Alaric managed to track down a diseased wolf and a healthy one for me - and sedate them to the point it's safe to actually do anything to them - I took out a - clean - syringe and took a blood sample from the unhealthy beast and injected it into the blood stream of the healthy one.

Twelve hours after injection: Subject one appears to be struggling a bit in the cage.

Twenty-four hours after injection: Seems the subject passed away overnight. Whoops. At least the carrier is still alive.

[[TEST TWO]]

With a new wolf having been brought in, it's time to start the next test. Going to transfuse less blood in hopes of prolonging the life of the new subject.

Twelve hours after injection: Subject two, while not healthy anymore, is certainly doing better than subject one. Probably a good idea to check in sooner than before, though.

Eighteen hours after injection: The disease seems to have taken the wolf quicker than expected, but the symptoms appear to be different. Maybe it's the blood its self causing the complications...

Twenty-four-ish hours after injection: Subject two is on its last legs - probably because I forgot to feed it and the wolf felt the compulsion to eat its legs. Might as well put it out of its misery. Need more test subjects.

[[TEST THREE]]

Found another carrier wolf. It appears to be the same illness, but I cant really be bothered to make sure. ON WITH THE SCIENCE.

Because of the miraculous ability for wolves to appear out of fucking nowhere whenever another one howls, we have produced a device that simulates such a howl. And thus, we have an infinite source of wolves. No idea how it works, but it does. And thus, subjects three through eight have been acquired. Subjects three through five have been injected with the blood of carrier one, and the others with carrier two's blood.

Twelve hours after injection: Curiously, subjects six through eight, as well as three, don't seem to be suffering as badly as four and five do. A lucky find, perhaps?
Eighteen hours after injection: Now why the hell did I put subject four and seven in the same pen? Seven eight nine ate four. And why did I not feed subject seven? And I probably should of stopped it.
Twenty-four-ish hours after injection: I probably should of just killed subject seven. It's dead. Must be because of the extra dose it devoured.
Back to top Go down

[IC/WIP] Ellia's Disease Resistance Research Notes
Page 1 of 1