The Wheel of Entropy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wheel of Entropy

WoE - Piken Square, Guild Wars 2

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sanity on the run - Eana

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Eana

Eana

Sanity on the run - Eana Empty
PostSubject: Sanity on the run - Eana   Sanity on the run - Eana EmptyMon May 13, 2013 7:01 am

Chapter 1 - A city of justice

Sanity on the run - Eana 1133898

Looking up to the court was a tired countess. Eana Wolfheart, owner of farmlands south of Beetletun, looked up to the magistrates with sorrow in her eyes. She had been originally accused of preventing the legal system of hanging her husband for treason by providing the means for him to kill himself, but during the questioning Eana had revealed other information.

The thought of people thinking that she was responsible for killing her husband had been too much. It had wrecked Eana to the edge of insanity, clinging on to whatever glimpse of hope she still could have of things restoring. But there were no options... Her husband was dead, her name said with hatred and her past barely arranging a roof over her head.

Eana had lost any chance of things turning into her favor in court when she admitted to know Caeron Blackmoore was behind the Blackskin Plague. Her life had been in danger eversince, but the judges would not care for her fate anymore. In their eyes, in front of them was not a broken woman, but a traitor who couldn't take care of herself.

The bickering between magistrates and the priest of Kormir did nothing to improve her position. It was clear what the magistrates had in mind for her would be punishment enough that her dead husband didn't even matter anymore. So when the magistrates turned for the final time to her, the judgement was clear.

"Lady Eana Wolfheart, for failing to give evidence about the Blackskin Plague to the Seraph or Ministry guard, thus protecting traitors who terrorised the nation, you're to be stripped of all your lands and titles. Secondly, You're to be 'waived' within Kryta and branded an outlaw under the following conditions:

Being an outlaw, you're beyond the protection of the guards, anyone wishing to punish you further for your transgressions is free to hurt or even kill you without consequences. However, despite being an outlaw, you can still be subject to the law when breaking it. If any of your actions resemble theft, assault or murder: Your punishment shall be death. Defending yourself however, shall be deemed as self-defence and go without punishment. Noone else is allowed to harm someone when defending you however, as they are free to punish you from now on."

Eana had kept staring at the floor silently, listening to her judgement. Nothing they would do to her could be worse then every soul around them thinking that she killed the husband she loved.

The priest of Kormir gave another speech, but little else mattered. With the final bang of the gavel, Eana's faith was sealed. She lost all her rights... but at least, she was free...
Back to top Go down
Eana

Eana

PostSubject: Re: Sanity on the run - Eana   Sanity on the run - Eana EmptyMon May 13, 2013 7:02 am

Chapter 2 - Leaving it all behind
Eana glanced at the priest of Kormir from the court with sadness in her, mumbling a 'Dwayna protect...' before leaving the courtroom. In her mind the Magistrates laughed as she turned her back to them.

Stepping outside as a free but outlawed woman, she looked at her friend which had witnessed the events in silence. Grace Consodine was dressed in a heavy leather coat, a large hat covering part of her face. As usual, she was carrying plenty of weapons on her, she wouldn't leave the house without it. It was strange behavior though, considering Grace was a baroness, although she was far more of a free spirit then the typical noble. Preferring to fight personally for respect, instead of ruling the lands granted to her after her fathers death. She had sold the lands, and had tried her best to support Eana eversince she helped her process the deaths of her father and unborn child.

Grace walked up to Eana with smile on her face which was trying hard to mask her worry: "Aside from the obvious... How do you feel? Is there anything here you need?"
Eana looked up and stared at Grace with sadness in her eyes, mumbling: "Better... I have been nothing more than a burden the past month being locked up in what used to be my own house.. Perhaps now this is over I can actually do some good again..."

Grace grabbed Eana's hand, pulling Eana with her: "Yes... Yes you can. Come!"

Grace dragged Eana to the bank, she occasionally looked back at Eana with a smile as they walked and says: "Sorry if I seem perky... I'm just happy I didn't have to use the more. Uhm.. aggressive plans.."

Dragging Eana up to a counter at a bank, Grace nods at the woman behind it. The woman obviously recognizes Grace and walks to the back, returning moments later with a heavy bag which she hands over. Grace slings the bag over her shoulder and quickly leaves the building. Eana ran after her, looking confused at Grace.

"I figured they'd strip you of all your... things. So I went ahead and took that money that I promised you and took your name off it. That way we don't lose it."

“For enough money, anyone will turn their heads…”Grace gestured back to the bank while they walked to the gate of the city, probably meaning the woman behind the counter.

“There is a small caravan we can leave this place with outside the city gates. They have some clothes with them too to make you stand out less…” Grace said to Eana. Eana was looking down again, nodding quietly as she was thinking about what was going to happen.
Back to top Go down
Eana

Eana

PostSubject: Re: Sanity on the run - Eana   Sanity on the run - Eana EmptyMon May 13, 2013 9:24 am

Chapter 3 - A safe harbor

Sanity on the run - Eana 11508512

Eana had changed clothes when she left the city, changing from her old expensive noble clothes to grey coloured villagers clothing that she was handed by Grace. She had kept her knee length boots on though, they were always her favorite. And they didn’t stand out too much as they were they had a similar color to her boots. They didn’t do her any favors though when walking with the small caravan through the farms…

After a long march, Eana walked up from the back of the caravan towards Grace. The caravan had finally come to a halt, and a tired Eana wanted to see why.

“We’re safe. You’re far from… ehm… Everyone”
Grace’s words were answered by a sigh of relief from Eana. They had arrived at Garenhoff, a harbor town in Kessex Hills famous for the giant floating tower which kept hovering in mid-air by a wizard living there. The tower was a completely isolated part of the town though, no one could reach so high and none dared to. The general consensus was that you would not wish to agitate anyone who could keep such a monstrous building up there permanently. The villagers didn’t mind the wizard’s presence either; while the tower was there it did not only make their town quite famous but also attracted elementals which were enslaved by the wizard. The elementals remained in the town to keep it safe and were meek towards the villagers.

“Well… have you ever been to Garenhoff?” Asked Grace
“N-no… But… what’s that?”
Eana pointed at the tower, it keeping the village in the shade at this hour of day.
“Beautifull, isn’t it?” Grace said, smiling at the sight.

“A…. Human did that? It… seems... scary… The sheer force to keep that in the air... I would have thought a dragon would be needed for such feats…” Eana said, a mix of wonder and fear had gripped her.

Grace though, was used to the sight and smiled, obviously feeling at home:
“It’s a wonder of many kinds. Anyone going up there could probably learn a lot, but… Well I’m not a historical gal. So I can show you the town… but I can’t tell you much about who lives up there. There are some people around the town you might want to know though. I’ve already explained to them some things. They’re expecting you, and they are very good people, but first… Let’s go home.”

Grace started walking through the alleys of the city, Eana soon followed but couldn’t help keep staring at the ice and earth elementals towering over them as they walked past. They seemed immobile and standing guard, but there was no doubt in Eana’s mind that one could get seriously hurt by these things if they angered one. The thought scared her greatly, and she skittered after Grace when she realized she had fallen behind again.

When she caught up with Grace, she was standing at a seemingly random unlocked door.

“Ah... There we are…” Said Grace.
Back to top Go down
Eana

Eana

PostSubject: Re: Sanity on the run - Eana   Sanity on the run - Eana EmptyTue May 14, 2013 8:54 pm

Chapter 4 - Words of wisdom
Sanity on the run - Eana 1139351
Grace opened the door by simply pushing it gently. “Oh, looks like Lasha was here after all, and forgot to lock the door.”
Grace sighed about it as she stepped inside, followed by a curious Eana.
Studying the decoration of the building, Eana realized it was mostly just necessities and not decorative. Eana wasn’t sure she should have expected else from Grace, but still, Baronesses tend to have a servant or two to keep the house in a good state.

“Make yourself at home… I’ll see what Lasha made us to eat. I couldn’t cook to save my life… Literally”
Eana looked back at Grace: “That’s… worrying. And… Who’s Lasha? Is she your friend or your servant?”

“Raw meat isn’t that bad… But Lasha is a nice lady. I give her a few coins, she makes me some meals. I have no servants. Some of the townspeople know me as Baroness but I prefer to just be Grace while I’m here. I protect them, and they are good to me.”

Grace finds a pan of stir-friend rice with chicken prepared for her on the stove. Picking it up first she walks to Eana to fill a plate for her. “Uhm… You don’t mind chicken and rice do you?”

Eana sat down at the table next to the plate: “No... Besides, being picky wouldn’t be smart at the moment.”

Calmly eating from the rice, Eana looked up at Grace which seemingly didn’t share her hunger: “So uhm… If you protect the villagers… What are those elementals for?”

“The elementals break, you’d be surprised how often it happens. They are more of a last line of defense. I prefer to go out and make sure it everything is safe beyond our borders. If there is trouble in neighboring lands… it’ll make its way here eventually… So… Uhm… Yeah… I keep that away…”

Eana knew Grace’s tendencies to search out fighting, and she couldn’t help asking: “…Alone?”

“Normally… Sometimes Vayne or Teyla comes along… But I’ve been fighting mostly alone for this long. I like it… Exciting” Grace said with a smile on his face.

Grace’s smile was only met with a look of worry from Eana, after which she stopped eating and continued to stare emptily at the plate.

“Give it time Eana… You’ll get used to it here. Besides, we can have food imported. This town isn’t just known for the magic… but also fishing and sailing! In fact… I have my own ship which we can use as a way out.” Grace said while removing the plate.

Eana looked back at Grace, mumbling: “If it comes to that… I don’t want to be a burden to you anymore.”

Grace stopped, firmly smacking her fist on the table: “You’re -not- my burden Eana, you’re my friend! I... Don’t know what kinds of friends you’ve had in the past but I am not them, all right?”

Grace sighed, walking away for a moment to put the place the plate on the counter, she half whispered to herself: “I wouldn’t do all this if you were my burden…”

Eana held her hands below the table and started to stare at them instead, mumbling: “All this is evidence that I am…”
Grace turned around to look at Eana again, not sure to look angry or hurt at her “This is just my life, Eana… Ading you isn’t a burden. It’s an adventure! I was always a bother to you… I… I’m not just trying to pay you back; I -want- to do this! We’re all prepared for anything. Friends fight, bleed, die and anything else they need to, for other friends.”

Grace tried to sound excited, but wasn’t very convincing so walked back up to Eana and continued: “Besides… The ship isn’t -just- for escaping… Once I get enough people together I intend to hire them all out, it’s a fishing ship!”
Back to top Go down
Annalee Jenkins

Annalee Jenkins

PostSubject: Re: Sanity on the run - Eana   Sanity on the run - Eana EmptyTue May 14, 2013 9:16 pm

:DD

Pretty awesome entries! Very Happy
I am loving the screenshots

Keep them coming Wink
I would like to know what lead Eana to kill her husband though, like, what happened before her judgement :O
Back to top Go down
Eana

Eana

PostSubject: Re: Sanity on the run - Eana   Sanity on the run - Eana EmptyTue May 14, 2013 10:31 pm

These entries were already made, and in a time where I didn't want to share that story yet as I was afraid that I'd risk RP quality if people read it and suddenly knew what happend. There are in total 8 entries already made. Up to when Eana went on her own travels. I still have to write the link of how Eana became part of WOE, after that, I suppose I can get back to what happend with Essya.
Back to top Go down
Eana

Eana

PostSubject: Re: Sanity on the run - Eana   Sanity on the run - Eana EmptyTue May 14, 2013 10:34 pm

That said, if you want to know the story of Essya's end from a different perspective: Try looking at the comic Jerlis made.

http://guildwars2roleplayers.com/forum/page/9/m/2737230/viewthread/2741084-jerlis-art-lier
Gotta scroll down a bit to see it
Back to top Go down
Eana

Eana

PostSubject: Re: Sanity on the run - Eana   Sanity on the run - Eana EmptyWed May 15, 2013 9:03 pm

Chapter 5 - Bedside stories
Sanity on the run - Eana 1150892
Eana finally showed a sympathetic smile: “There is just no changing you, is there?”
“Nope!” Grace giggled “I know it’s dangerous Eana, and to be honest I -am- scared… But not of dying, I’m scared of being unable to protect you…”

Eana nodded and stood up from the table, she glanced at Grace who was now cleaning the plate: “I’ll go check upstairs then…”
“Ok, go ahead!”

After walking up the stairs in the back while Grace continued to clean up, Eana took a look around the bedroom. There wasn’t that much special here either, the basic furniture you could expect in a bedroom: A bed with a cupboard next to it, a wardrobe and a fairly large bookcase.

Eana was still tired from her travels, and walked to the bed which was looking mighty comfortable right now before crashing down on it, letting out a sigh of relief. It had been weeks since she was able to find any rest; she had barely been able to sleep with her trial coming up. It didn’t take long before her eyes closed and slowly fell asleep.

Grace walked upstairs to see what Eana was doing. When she noticed Eana sleeping so soon, she broke up in laughter. Walking up to the bed, Grace sat down and dropped the bag she received back in Divinity’s Reach next to her. She looked worried at the bag and then glanced at Eana in front of her: “I can’t keep this much money here….”

Slowly, Eana opened an eye and mumbled: “I don’t sleep that fast, you know….”

Grace jumps up in surprise: “O-oh! Sorry!” She settles down a little again, sitting down next to the bed: “Uhm…”

Eana stared back at Grace “Uhm.. What?”

“I... Uh…. They offered you a chance to be taken to Lion’s Arch and you denied it... You…. Don’t have a problem with Lion’s Arch, do you?”

Eana looked confused at Grace, before realizing the magistrate had indeed offered her the chance to leave the city by Asura Gate when she wasn’t paying attention anymore. She had discarded the offer though.

“Lion’s Arch is a city of pirates… I want to stop being useless, Grace… and… Nothing I would do in such a place would benefit anyone”

“Y-Yes… That’s very true.” Grace said while nodding, before a frown appeared on her face: “I didn’t enjoy my time there… dirty people… B-but...”

Eana couldn’t help but looked inquisitively at Grace “But... what?”

“M-maybe it’ll work to our advantage then... Well -if- something should happen, Eana…. We can’t just sail out into the middle of nowhere. I’ve… made arrangements, kind of, with a family in Lion’s Arch. They’re not pirate! So don’t…. uhm… Don’t worry about that. And if we do have to go to them, we need to bring proper payment. But, it should serve as a safe house.”

Grace’s nervousness was met with a skeptical look from Eana: “A hide-out… Since when do you trust people you have to pay to get them to accept you in the first place?”

“It’s because they own the island… And we can’t just barge into their house, unannounced, and expect help. She told me… we could stay there as long as we pull our weight.” Grace giggled as she thought back: “They’re good people too, just in a bad part of the world…. Deverol, remember that name. It’s the Deverol family.”

“Do you… trust them?”

“Yes…. I- I was buying chickens in the Arch, don’t ask why…. This honest-looking guy was trying to sell them to me for a heck of a deal. I bought them, like an idiot. Next thing I knew, a whole horde of people rush at me. Regular people that were walking around and doing their business suddenly turned on me like savages as if driven crazy by something. One guy grabbed me up and ran off with me. I fought him for a while but he told me to shut up. I know it sound’s weird but it was the nicest ‘shut up’ I’ve ever heard. He ended up taking me to safety, and that’s when I learned his name was Deverol… Apparently… The guy selling to me was a Mesmer… and used some kind of magic or illusion to let the crowd turn on the one buying the chickens. I must admit… Even though I was pissed it was a creative scheme.”

Eana followed Grace’s story, hardly being able to believe what she was hearing. She scuffed and let her head drop back on the pillow. “It… It always seems the craziest things happen when I ask people… Perhaps it’s what kept me from going outside much when growing up…”

“Well.. Isn’t that just a reason to get out more?” Grace said with a broad smile.
Back to top Go down
Eana

Eana

PostSubject: Re: Sanity on the run - Eana   Sanity on the run - Eana EmptyThu May 16, 2013 8:11 pm

Chapter 6 - Sources of power
Sanity on the run - Eana Eana_610

Grace looked down at Eana still lying on the bed: “You can see this as a time to get excited and really break out of your shell, you know? Remember at my birthday when you fought those Centaurs? I was really excited to see that… I’ve never seen you do that kind of thing before.”

Eana thought back for a moment to remember what happened. Centaurs were near the monastery where Grace decided to hold a small celebration. Grace wouldn’t see her birthday ruined though and helped defend the surrounding vineyards by pressing the Centaurs back one swing at a time. Eana didn’t have guards with her that day for the sake of travelling light. So instead, she joined Grace herself, casting ice spells to cover Grace where needed. It was a rare sight; Eana was known to be a strict but kindhearted person. However, most people assumed her harmless and in need of guards to protect her. Few people had ever seen her cast spells, even fewer who had actually seen her fight.

Eana sat up, sleep was out of the question it seemed: “I used to use my magic only for healing.. But.. well, ever since people started targeting me… I asked Quinten to get me into contact with a tutor to learn more… I know a bit about other kinds of magic now, but… Well….. Don’t expect me to raise towers into the air.”

Grace snickers: “No…. But you can get some more lessons I’m sure. D-do you think you’d want to learn?” A sly smile appeared on her face: “Wait… I have something else to show you!” Grace stood up and walks to the bookcase on the other side of the room: “It’s over here…”

Eana raises herself up a bit, looking confused but curious.

Grace places a finger on a purple book in the bookcase: “See this book? Just press on it – Oh, and make sure you’re standing out of the way when you do…” With that, she presses the book and it shifts inward like a large button. A loud click is heard and Grace backs away as a staircase descends from the ceiling and lands softly.

Eana raised herself off the bed, following Grace’s lead which is walking upstairs: “A secret space… in a house like this? Where does it lead?”

“To a very important database…. Remember how I always thought my mother was worthless because she never would leave the house? It’s because she was guarding something…” Grace huffs a little bit as she walks up the steps, “She’s still worthless though…” She grumbles.

A confused look was all Eana managed to produce, technology and engineering not being a strong point of the ex-noblewoman. “What… Is… Database?”

Grace and Eana arrive in the little attic where the staircases lead them. To Eana’s surprise, the room is filled with blinking lights and mechanical equipment. The weird looking devices are Asura technology at first glance, but that doesn’t really make it clearer to Eana what it could possibly do.

Grace leans against the handrail, studying Eana’s response: “Don’t touch anything…. It holds… Everything… er.. well.. about many things.” Grace huffs again, annoyed to bring –her- up again: “Mother was… responsible for this library of information for the Order of Whispers. After she died, I agreed to take up her duty.”
Grace gestures towards the blinking lights “These are… Just a fraction of what the Whispers has, of course, but they serve as a backup in case something happens… It also helps provide information to agents without the need to go all the way to the Chantry.”

Eana peers at the mechanical equipment, a confused look on her face, never having seen much Asura equipment apart from the gates and the devices Asura keep on themselves. “And.. What do they use that information for?”

“Whatever they need… In truth, what’s on file here is none of my business. But they allow me acces to some of it in exchange for keeping it safe. There is a file about me on there and you, of course. Some on your husband… as well as plenty of very minute details which are seemingly useless to us but the Order seem to find a use for everything. It’s… How my family was able to grow in wealth… My mother would inform my father of what lands were the cheapest, where to buy, what to buy… That’s why he married her…”

Eana knew that Grace’s mother was a subject that had to be handled carefully, but she couldn’t resist to mumble: “Well… At least she kind of worked to get that information…”

Grace shakes her head: “It was handed to her… Father knew nothing, he took her as just being a ‘lucky charm’. But anyway… be careful here, if you touch these panels without the passcode the room will be ‘cleansed’. Here, let me show you….”
Back to top Go down
Eana

Eana

PostSubject: Re: Sanity on the run - Eana   Sanity on the run - Eana EmptyFri May 17, 2013 8:26 pm

Chapter 7 - The benefits from Asura technology
Sanity on the run - Eana Eana_710

Grace walked up to one of the panels, which instantly started to glow blue at the first touch of her. The panel floated in the air, and after being done starting up a boot session, Grace stepped back and says clearly: “Passphrase: KeeperGrace5678”

The panel lights up green and starts to shift, the dazzling lights looking mighty confusing to someone like Eana with no knowledge about these kind of inventions.

Grace speaks again: “Eana Wolfheart”. As the words are received a floating panel is projected in from of Grace and Eana. The panel contains a large picture of Eana’s face, joined by smaller panels to the side with text describing in detail parts of her life, both her previous husbands and known assosciates.

Eana studies the panels worriedly, she was well aware that spies are well embedded in the Noble culture, but it’s always scary to read what people know about you. Eana knew that you only need a tiny bit of information to be able to pry more out of the unknowing, so the amount of information she saw in front of her was frightening.

“I’m not supposed to tell anyone this, Eana… But I trust you, you’re my friend. And you have acces to everything as long as I do, as long as you use my passcode.”

Eana looked up from the projected panels and looked worried at Grace: “ I don’t think someone like me can put it to good use. Perhaps in the past… but now? Don’t worry though… I understand nothing good will come from telling anyone about this.”

“You’d be surprised... You want to make a difference, no? Well…. With this we might gain a bit of an upper hand. Not all advantages are underhanded….” Said Grace with a smile.

“Yes… But…” Eana glances back at the panels and sighs: “Well… I’m not in a position anymore to use this information… Right now, if I’m a threat, people kill me… I don’t have a houseguard anymore to protect me… Hell... I don’t have a house to start with…”

Grace thinks for a moment, before walking to the back of the room, gesturing Eana to follow. She stops at a small panel: “Well… First of all, I almost got distracted… There are other things on this… You can use this panel, if you like, to read some tutorials on spells.”

Eana stares at all the buttons, not sure what to do. Meanwhile, Grace takes a few more steps and starts rummaging in a box full of smaller devices next to the panel.

Eana mutters: “Should I… Push one of them?”

Grace smiles as she lifts a small device out of the box, turning around to look back at the still confused Eana she continues: “No… Just put your palm here” She points down at the pulsing hologram floating barely over the surface of the device.

“Alright….” Eana says, hestitantly placing her palm on the hologram.

The hologram stops pulsing, instead starting to shine a light over Eana’s hand, seemingly scanning it. Once finished it blinks several times and Grace nods, giving the device to Eana. “This thingy interacts with that…” Grace points back at the smaller panel which Grace mentioned held tutorials. “You can use it to pull up some of the files onto it… It won’t pull up entire files.. but it’s enough for you to use for practicing spells outside with it.”

Eana hesitantly takes the small device from Grace. This was no book Eana had ever seen…..
Back to top Go down
Eana

Eana

PostSubject: Re: Sanity on the run - Eana   Sanity on the run - Eana EmptyFri May 24, 2013 8:21 pm

Chapter 8 - Preperations for an adventure

Sanity on the run - Eana Ettin10
Grace and Eana lingered for a while in the bedroom. Discussion was necessary to decide what happened next. Grace was the kind of person who was always away from home, usually to fight. It seemed things were heading to continue this tradition. Eana might not be used to it, but she could take care of herself if she used her spells to fend off attackers. They came to the conclusion though, that staying out of sight of humans was best for now. Being an outcast ment some people might jump to conclusions and try to hurt or even kill Eana. The idea of running into a noble she previously opposed didn’t sound very attractive either…

And so, they decided that using the ship to get around was the best idea. That way, they would be able to travel far and reduce the risk of drawing too much attention to Grace’s home. The following days, Grace spent on getting a suitable crew for the travelling, one with capable sailors but also could use the ship for fishing while Grace and Eana were on land. The fishing wasn’t really for the money, but more for giving the ship a reason to be where they were waiting for the pair.

While the ship was being prepared, Eana tried to understand the device given to her. Out of fear she would do something wrong, she took her time and usually waited for Grace to return to help understand. But even Eana got impatient once in a while, and started to follow some instructions without Grace to train with old spells and learn new ones.

The device held a vast array of spells, some Eana had never even heard of. Most of the pyromancy was beyond her, always having focused on the healing aspects of water magic meant that Eana had much catching up to do with the other elements. How she was possibly going to learn to cast a heat-induced meteor storm based on the riddles that was Asura explanations though…

To prepare her further, Grace took Eana into the surrounding mountains in her free time. They harbored the ugly Ettins which were ferociously territorial. Once in a while, they had to be cut down otherwise there would become too many and they’d start to target the roads and human lands. Although a skilled person could exploit the dimwittedness of an Ettin, a surprise attack from a beast five times as strong as a normal human was still dangerous. Caravans were not safe when treading so close to Ettins, since they had little chance in outrunning them with the slow beasts of burden amongst them. So, patrols were sent out to kill them. …

A large club, no, a small trunk smashed into the ground next to Eana. The wood swung by the ugliest Ettin Eana had ever seen had missed her by a hair. Grace had barely managed to get a stab in on the large man-flesh craving beast’s knee, causing it to lose its balance as it tried to flatten Eana’s hope of avoiding a fight.

“Wake up already! This is no time to daydream!” Yelled Grace, herself being way too busy surviving as well by trying to avoid the next fist which swung in her direction.

Eana shook her head, snapping out of the realization that if that had hit her she would have likely eaten through a reed for the rest of her life. She jumped back, it was her task to attack from a distance while Grace locked the large beasts down in melee. Avoid blows and kill it with fire, that was the theory at least…

Grace swung her sword, barely scratching the rough skin of the roaring beast, it didn’t hurt him, only agitate. The ettin directed its attention back from Eana to Grace and swung the trunk around over his head at her. Grace had anticipated this, and dodged the blow by jumping and rolling off to the right.

As the Ettin wondered if Grace had become a midget or not, a fireball struck his head, pushing it in the opposite direction. Finally, Grace had the chance she was looking for. The exposed neck didn’t hold up against the steel slashing it open, and with a gush of blood the gurgling Ettin swung his trunk one last time before crashing down to the ground, having choked in its own blood.

Eana walked up to Grace, which was cleaning her sword on the skin of its latest victim. “You almost seem to enjoy slashing those beasts…”

Grace looked back with a smile: “It does good in the end, and you got some more experience as well. You’re going to need it after all, the ship will be ready tomorrow, and the snow of the Shiverpeaks awaits…”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sanity on the run - Eana   Sanity on the run - Eana Empty

Back to top Go down

Sanity on the run - Eana
Page 1 of 1