The Wheel of Entropy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wheel of Entropy

WoE - Piken Square, Guild Wars 2

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The BIG WvW Thread - Everything WvW related pls here

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Balzamon

Balzamon

The BIG WvW Thread - Everything WvW related pls here Empty
PostSubject: The BIG WvW Thread - Everything WvW related pls here   The BIG WvW Thread - Everything WvW related pls here EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 10:35 am

Okey, like always i first write and then think about it. So now i have to write something about WvW here...my own fault.

First i want to point out that if you have any questions ask in the Thread or ingame, however you want.

So lets start!

First at all some infos about how WvW works.
There is a ranking where all servers are in and after this ranking the servers are getting matched together.

Here is a inofficial site you can look at the ranking (Its almost always correct):
http://mos.millenium.org/matchups

Just check it out. You can also see there the actual upcoming matchup when it would be reset in this moment.

Talking about reset, just a few words about that.
Reset is in the night from Friday to Saturday at 12am GMT. Most WvW players call this night the "Reset Night" and it is common that you join WvW right after the reset if you can. Its a time for great battles and its the time to show the foes your strengh.
Piken Square has no big numbers at reset night at the moment. That means that we having a hard time.

You maybe now ask now why this is so.
Let me explain this.
We are the highest rated MEDIUM population server and also we are a Roleplaying Server. Both things working together so that we dont have that many WvW players. On one hand its good because we almost have no queues to join WvW. On the other hand its bad because we are less people (mostly at night).
By the way, there is a limit of people who can be in WvW at the same time, i dont know the exact number but it should be around 100-150 at each map.

Now lets get back to the topic ranking.
As i said there is a ranking for the matchup. Its pretty simple the points you can see ingame when you press "B" will be added to the current ranking points at the reset and then they will be sorted and matched by the points.
That brings me to my next point, the expression "Tier"
Its pretty easy, always 3 servers are one "Tier" and play against each other.
So the first 3 servers in the ranking are the "Tier 1" servers, the next 3 are "Tier 2" and so on.
Piken Square is at the moment in Tier 3 at the first place there (We are Rank 7 in the whole server ranking).
This placement is important because after this you will get your color in WvW. As you know there are 3 colors (green, blue and red)
The highest rated server in a matchup is green, the 2nd one is blue and the 3rd one is red.
Taking about this brings me to my next point, the WvW maps. the color is only important in the "Eternal Battlegrounds" map, because there are differences in each starting area. For example is green the easiest one to defend.
Then there are the 3 other maps called Borderlands (for ex. Piken Square Borderland).
At this point i would say just go to WvW and have a look at the maps.

If you do so you will see a lot of different places with blue, red or green markers. These are the places you fight for.

- Sentry and neutral places: no points
- Camps: 5 Points
- Towers: 10 points
- Castles: 25 points
- Stonemist: 35 points (only on the Eternal Battlegrounds map)

Now i will explain the places in details:

- Sentry: They are the flags on each map, its one Guard from the side who controls the area. Kill this guard and you will get a cricle you have to stay in for a short time to claim the Sentry for your server. You can see the status from that in the right-top cornor at your screen. Its a event.

- neutral places: For Example the Quaggans (you find them in each Borderland in the big sea in the middle of the map). These are events who gives your server small advantages like a group of quaggans attacking something, also you get a normal event reward for claiming them for your server or taking them out from a enemy server.

- Camps: Most of the players underestimate the influence of them. The camps are small places with a couple of guards defending it. They send out Dolyak Caravans to towers near the camp. These dolyaks are supply furnishers (I will explain the whole supply thing later).

- Towers: Small forts with one wall and one gate. Some guards infront of the gate, a few on the wall and a group with a champion in the "Lordroom" (the room you have to enter and clear to claim the tower).
Forts can be upgraded with supplies. (More about that later)

- Castle: In each map you can see 3 of them. Two walls (inner and outer walls) you have to defend or destroy and a bunch of guards + a legendary Lord in the "Lordroom". Castles can be upgraded with supplies.

- Stonemist: It is the big castle in the middle of the Eternal Battlegrounds. Its the biggest castle and has 2 walls. The outer wall is almost not to defend. So most dont even try, it is just wasted supplies to try it. The defence will be concentrated on the inner wall and the lordroom, because you can only enter the inner area and the lordroom through 4 gates. Stonemist can be upgraded with supplies.

Okey, the next thing i want to talk about are the supplies. The most important thing in WvW together with manpower.

To be continued as soon as i find some time
Back to top Go down
Kaila
Admin
Kaila

PostSubject: Re: The BIG WvW Thread - Everything WvW related pls here   The BIG WvW Thread - Everything WvW related pls here EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 10:38 pm

One day, I might enter WvW for the first time.

It'll probably be on a dual swordsman Mesmer because I'm so stylish like that.
Back to top Go down
https://gw2-woe.forumotion.co.uk
Balzamon

Balzamon

PostSubject: Re: The BIG WvW Thread - Everything WvW related pls here   The BIG WvW Thread - Everything WvW related pls here EmptyTue May 07, 2013 1:47 am

watch one of the best guilds working:

Back to top Go down
Janitor Fizz

PostSubject: Re: The BIG WvW Thread - Everything WvW related pls here   The BIG WvW Thread - Everything WvW related pls here EmptySat May 11, 2013 12:24 am

Everybody loves Ireth's Battle Tits.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The BIG WvW Thread - Everything WvW related pls here   The BIG WvW Thread - Everything WvW related pls here Empty

Back to top Go down

The BIG WvW Thread - Everything WvW related pls here
Page 1 of 1